Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Homage to Charlotte Bara!




Homage to Charlotte Bara!

You don't know who that is? Well she was an expressionistic german dancer, born in 1901. She moved to Ascona, Switzerland in her twenties where her father had a theater build for her! Wow!! Her Family lived in the Theatro San Materno, right across. I used to go visit her with my parents when she was still alive. And she was a well educated, knowledgeable and well read lady who in her 80s still was a very strong beautiful woman. Extraordinary!!!! I am blessed to have met her! Oh, she had so many cats living with her in her Castello and she gave me one of them, my first cat, whose name was FRIGOLETTE. Since that time I am a cat lover!
If you want to know more about Charlotte Bara

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Cathrine -

    So wonderful to see your work again and hear what is happening in your life -

    I love your "art gifts" idea, bringing artists and works of art into the lives of people - Always a gift.

    I had my own Great Dancer and Artist in my life - Carmelia Maracci changed the path my life as taken.

    My love to all -

    ReplyDelete